WORD Day 2023
NOW CLOSED: Order your WORD Day 2023 pack now !
WORD Day stands for World yOung Rheumatic Diseases Day. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA) is the biggest rheumatic disease affecting children and young people.
WORD Day is on 18th March 2023 and is the most vital date in the JIA calendar as it is a global day of awareness-raising.
The aim of WORD Day is to spread the word that young people get rheumatic diseases too, with the goal of encouraging early diagnosis of rheumatic diseases which can make a big difference to outcomes for children. A goal that we too are passionate about at Juvenile Arthritis Research. We know that increased awareness can make a huge difference.
In previous years our WORD Day bookmarks were hugely popular, so this year we have developed a new WORD Day Pack to help raise awareness in schools, clubs and community groups!
You can no longer request a WORD Day Pack for 2023, but please keep an eye on our social media channels for lots more ways to help raise awareness all through the year. If you missed our packs this year, remember you can download digital posters from our WORD Day Hub to share, at www.jarproject.org/word
Ask your school, club or community group for permission to hand out stickers or bookmarks on or around WORD Day (18th March 2023). WORD Day falls on a Saturday this year so you may wish to share these resources in the week leading up to WORD Day.
Fill in the form above to request a free WORD Day pack which will include 35 of our new-look bookmarks as well as stickers and a poster.
Once the closing date has passed, our volunteers will send out the pack to you. Keep an eye on our social media channels to hear when these are being sent out.
Then in the lead up to 18th March, you can share your stickers and bookmarks at school to help raise awareness that children get arthritis too!
Keep an eye on our social media channels for all the latest news about WORD day and join in the conversation with #WORDDay2023
Please tag us on social media in any photos you share as we'd love to share your photos on our social channels to encourage more people to join in (remember we can only see public accounts so if your account is private, you may have to send the photo by direct message to us instead).
You do not have to have JIA yourself to request a pack of bookmarks - we welcome everyone's help in raising awareness.
We can only post to UK addresses. Please see below for full Terms & Conditions.
For more information about WORD day, visit our WORD day hub here.
Terms & conditions
(1) Packs can be sent only to UK addresses.
(2) One request per email address, and maximum of one pack per household.
(3) Please ensure you get permission from the school, class or group you intend to share the resources with. It is your responsibility to do this.
(4) We have a limited number of WORD Day Packs 2023 available. Whilst we hope to be able to send some to everyone who asks, if we run out we will allocate on a first-come, first-served basis. If we do run out, keep an eye on our social media channels as we run other awareness-raising projects in future.
(5) Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, you must take every precaution to prevent the spread of the virus and follow national and local health advice. Do not take any risks.
(6) Bulk or automated requests may be cancelled without notice.
(7) By requesting a WORD Day Pack, you are agreeing to your personal details being held and processed by Juvenile Arthritis Research for the purposes of fulfilling your request and to hear about our future plans and activities.
(8) We will not share or sell your personal details.
(9) We hope to print and fulfil all orders by the first week of March, so they should be with you before WORD Day on 18 March. Please note that packs will be sent through normal second class post, and Juvenile Arthritis Research cannot be held responsible for any delays or losses to deliveries outside of our control.
(10) Juvenile Arthritis Research is a small volunteer-led charity with limited resources. If you would like to support our work financially, please click here.